Review and Unboxing: Influenster Kat Von D box: lock it concealers, powder, and brushes!


Recently, I was lucky enough to to be chosen to participate in the Kat Von D Influenster Vox box! I was super excited because I love Kat Von D products but an hesitant to buy her face products because I'm so picky about foundation and concealers. I was so pleasantly surprised with these concealers and other products! Below I have included a list of the products and their retail price at Sephora.
The items I received in the box are:
Lock it Concealer cream in L1 neutral and L3 warm ($26 each)
Lock it Setting Powder ($30)
Lock it Setting Powder Brush ($38)
Lock it Edge Concealer Brush ($24)


The first product I’m going to discuss is the concealer creams. These are supposed to,provide full coverage for blemishes, discoloration, and under eye circles. It's also can be used as a highlight. L3 is the perfect color for my skin tone and I do think it coverages blemishes well. I have very acne prone skin and this covered all but my worst blemishes. I like that it conceals when without feeling too heavy to cakes. L1 is the shade I use to highlight my under eye. There is a huge difference between these two shades. L1 is so light that it gives a very dramatic under eye highlight for me, but I light the finished look.
 

It covers all my under eye discoloration with very little product and doesn't crease on me.


Next up is the setting powder. This is a translucent powder and unlike some powders, doesn't look chalky or cakey. It sets matte but might have a bit of sheen because it looks natural and not chalky matte. Applying just a little of this sets my under eye concealer and my foundation on my entire face. This is my new favorite setting powder!



The lock it setting brush is your favorite brush from this collection. It is big enough to set the entire face, but tapered enough to set the under eye. It is so fluffy and soft and doesn't disturb any makeup under it. I'm not normally picky about brushes, but this is a great multi tasking brush; I can even see it for blush application!


The last product is the edge concealer brush. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of this brush. It does get under neath the eye really well because of its tapered edge. The problem I have is that it doesn't blend in my under eye highlight enough; it still leans a definable edge. I really need to finish with either my fingers or a beauty blender. Maybe this would work okay if you don't do as an extreme highlight as I like?

Overall, I'm very happy with these products. I see myself using these concealer so for as long as they last and can see myself repurchasing the setting powder. The powder brush is my new favorite brush and would recommend it to everyone. The only thing I would second guess it that concealer brush. I don't like how it's only really useful for under eye concealer and doesn't blend out as well as I would like.
I received all these products to review for free from influenster, but all my opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts