Review and Swatch: ELF Studio Lip stain and Gloss in Fashionista


On a recent trip to Target I decided to pick up another product form ELF to try. This happens quite a lot with me since the products or so cheap! This time I wanted to try the ELF studio lip stain and decided to go with the color Fashionista.


The lip stain comes in a duo sided product; each side has a doe foot application. One side is the stain and another is a clear gloss.
Fashionista is a bright pink


The stain itself is only semi-opaque. I was really hoping it to be full coverage. Is is buildable if you carefully tap on another layer. I does dry down to a matte finish, but not very quickly. The gloss is very thin. It’s not tacky but has a slick greasy like feel. To prevent it from smudging the stain I used a tapping motion and it still picked up some of the color.

Overall, this product would be better for someone who like more sheer “natural” looking lip color. I would have preferred it to be more opaque than it was, but it isn’t a bad look. I think I’ll wear it again especially in the summer, but I’m not going to by another color. This retails for $3 wherever ELF is sold.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts