Healthy Food Recipe: Avocado Chocolate Pudding


Lately, I’ve been trying out some healthy recipes and trying to get more lean protein and vegetables into my diet. As a result I’ve seen many recipes that seem dubious at best. This recipe for avocado chocolate pudding was one of them. The recipe I have below is a mixture of different recipes and me just guess-timating my measurements.
½ very ripe avocado
Generous splash soy milk
1/8 c. cocoa powder
1 T honey
1 T peanut butter
Splash vanilla
Pinch salt

I started by just trying to blend together the avocado, cocoa, vanilla, and ½ T honey because one recipe told me I could. Do not be fooled! You need some sort of liquid! I used light original soy milk. After this blend I tasted it and it was not sweet enough and tasted of avocado, so I added more honey and some peanut butter like another recipe recommended. After this finally blended (me adding more milk as needed it finally came together into a light, almost mousse like pudding. Apparently if you let it sit in the fridge it gets thicker. This was pretty good (especially with a bit of extra honey on top or whipped cream I’d imagine) but honestly took me longer than I would like and was very filling (this would either be one large breakfast or a snack for two). So, I only see myself making it if I had to use some avocado before it went bad. Also, without the peanut butter it does taste like avocado but with it the taste is almost completely masked. 

Comments

Popular Posts