Healthy Food Recipe: Two Ingredient Protein Pancakes


As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been trying out more popular “Pinterest” style healthy recipes. This time I tried the famous Two ingredient protein pancakes!
The only two ingredients you need are:
One banana
2 eggs
There are some recommended add-ins like a pinch of salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a pinch of baking powder.  I also added these.
All you need to do is mash up one banana; it is recommended that it is ripe but not over ripe. I like to first cut it in small chunks with a knife and then mash with a fork. Next, mix in your eggs and optional add-ins.

Next, heat up a pan on medium to high heat and spray with a little cooking spray. Then just pour out little pancakes. You do not want to make full sized pancakes. These are not stable enough to handle flipping if they are too big. I like about three inches diameter pancakes. Flip when golden brown.
I like to serve these with a drizzle of peanut butter and a little drizzle of maple syrup.
The pancakes themselves have a super might and airy texture; almost like a mousse. They don’t taste strongly of anything; just a bit like banana. This is why I love to top them with peanut butter because this boosts the flavor. A nice fruit sauce or fresh fruit would also be nice.

I will definitely make these again. It’s a great way to get two eggs worth of protein and a serving of fruit down easy in the morning in a sweet way. 

Comments

Popular Posts