Review: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara


I’m constantly intrigued by designer mascaras. What makes them so fantastic and different? What about the brushes, the formula? So whenever I have the chance to try one out in sets or samples I’m always excited. I recently received the Marc Jacobs new Velvet Noir Mascara from Influenster. I was given this free to review, but all opinions are my own.
The Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara is supposed to be “an ultra-volumizing mascara that delivers instant dimension for epic lashes.” And boy, is it volumizing! This mascara takes my lashes and makes them so much thicker in one coat; I do two for super volume! So, if you want a volumizing mascara this is the one for you!

The brush on this is a traditional nylon brush but the bristles are super dense and very soft. The brush curves in the middle and is supposed to make it easier to get to the roots of your lashes. I like to use the thicker tip to go back in and separate my lashes and thicken their tips.
I’ve had no problems with this smudging off of my bottom lashes and while this isn’t labeled as waterproof I wore this in the rain and had no problems with it dripping like some wetter formulas tend to do. The formula itself is creamier than your average mascara and I thinks that’s what helps with the volume.

The only negative I have is that it is only a volumizing formula and not lengthening or curling. To solve this I also like to use a lengthening and curling formula as a base coat and then add this on top!

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Volumizing Mascara retails for $26 at Sephora.

Comments

Popular Posts