Review and Swatch: OCC Lip Tars in Vintage and Lydia


As many people know by now, OCC has stopped selling their traditional tube lip tars and can no longer be found at Sephora. Instead, they now sell their Ready To Wear (RTW) line from their online store. This is disappointing because I would love to be able to buy them at Sephora (let’s just hope they are in a transitional phase and will start selling at Sephora again soon) but, this also meant that the lip tars were on sale. Because of this sale, I was able to pick up two colors I have been wanting for a long time: Vintage and Lydia. (This also meant that I wasn’t able to get the color that is now sold out and not part of the RTW line: Rollergirl)
Vintage is a medium dark brown toned red



Lydia is a medium dusky plum


Both of them wear very well on me, I have had no problem with bleeding or feathering. As with all lip tars, you have to be careful to only apply a little because they are so pigmented and to use a lip brush. Additionally, while I love the colors, I tend not to wear them as much as traditional lipsticks because of the application (which is why OCC now has RTW lip tars).
I really love the lip tar formula and these colors are amazing; I just hope that OCC brings all their colors to the RTW line (Lydia is there but not Vintage).



I got these on sale for $9 and Sephora JCP; they regularly retail for $18. The new RTW line sells for $15 from occmakeup.com 

Comments

Popular Posts