Review and Swatch: MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil


When I last headed to my CCO (cosmetic company outlet, a legitimate reseller of MAC and other brands) I picked up a few things. One of these was MAC Lip Pencil in Nightmoth. Nightmoth is a permanent color for MAC which just shows CCO’s often stock both limited edition and permanent products!

Nightmoth is a very dark burgundy color with both red and purple tones
Nightmoth is definitely a dramatic and dark color. It is perfect for fall, at least for me! As with all lip pencils it has a matte finish and a drier application. Though, for a lip pencil, it glides on amazingly smoothly and has a creamy texture. On its own it looks patchy, as do most lip pencils, but is great under lipsticks or even with a little gloss or balm on top which is how I like it.
with clear gloss

I have been hearing of Nightmoth for quite a while now and it didn’t disappoint. I’m very glad I picked this up since I was thinking of getting it at a regular MAC store, but then I would have had to pay full price. As it was, I paid around $11 or $12. The normal price is $16.  

Comments

Popular Posts