Review and Swatch: Almay liquid lip balm in Apricot


Once again the newspapers gave us a $4 off Almay coupon which I used to acquire another liquid lip balm, this time in a nice orange shade.
Apricot is a medium slightly pinky orange shade.

Like all of the liquid lip balms is a sheer color that must be reapplied every hour or so because it either dries or rubs off. Since I have fairly pigmented lips this just turns my pinkish lips a bit coral-y. I have owned this for a while now, and it’s definitely not a product I reach for often at all. It is not very moisturizing even though it claims to be a balm and doesn’t give enough color for my liking.
 The product had a noticeable vanilla scent. The packaging is cute and basic; the applicator is a doe-foot.


Overall, it’s not a horrible product, so if you are fond of tinted lip glosses then this might be something you would like. If you are hoping for something longwearing, moisturizing, or full of pigmentation, then you would be disappointed. This product normally retails for $4.47 at Walmart.

Comments

Popular Posts