Review and Swatch: NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel




As soon as I saw the release of the NYX Intense Butter Glosses, I knew I needed to pick up the gorgeous purple color available. While I normally do not like glosses, these were advertised as being very intensely pigmented so I had to try them out. After quite a while of searching, I finally found an Ulta store that had this color in stock.

Berry Strudel is a pure medium violet. It isn’t a neon or very bright color; just a pure purple.
This “gloss” is very thick when applying. You have to be careful to put enough product on the flat doe foot applicator so it will glide well, but not so much it goes everywhere. I didn’t find this hard after a try or two. Your lip lines though, will not be super even unless you use a lip brush.
This gloss was super pigmented, it fully covered my lip color in one pass. It is also surprisingly long wearing. As long as you are careful when eating it lasts a good four hours only getting slightly less glossy and a bit pinker.


Overall, I really like this product! Getting this much pigmentation and a glossy finish is something that even high ends cannot always manage. I will definitely be buying a few more colors. 

Comments

Popular Posts