Review: Holika Holika Pig Clear Black Head 3-step Kit


I, like many people suffering from acne have annoying black heads and gunk in the pores of my nose. I have tried the biore pore strips which are okay, but I wanted to try something a little different. Asian Beauty products have become very popular lately and one I heard really good things about is the brand Holika Holika. When browsing Ebay, I found the Holika Holika Pig Clear Black Head 3-step Kit for purchase for only $1.18 and free shipping.
size comparison

As the name implies, this is a three step kit. The directions on the packet are all unreadable to me so I recommend you to read the website instructions here before starting.
The first step is a wet cloth to be applied to the nose for about fifteen minutes. This is supposed to open your pores.  I found that some vapors make my eyes sting and water a bit but not badly. This could be because it has witch hazel, peppermint and various extracts.
The second part is the actual removal bit where you wet your nose and apply the dry cloth (I did sticky side down which I assume is correct?) for fifteen minutes. This step hardened to by nose almost like a cast. While removing it, it hurt a very little, like a band-aid, because it pulled out little hairs from my nose. It did work very well though. There was visible evidence (gross, I know) and my nose feels very smooth.
The last step was a weird gel like nose mask. It was a bit cooling because of the gel nature; it was damp and slimy. You leave this on for fifteen minutes and then are supposed to pat in any extra moisture.
step three

Overall, this definitely worked. My nose feels cleaner and smoother. It is also sort of a novelty thing for people like me who have never used Asian beauty products. It is more expensive than Biore and takes a month or so to get to the US from China depending on your shipping method. I can see myself buying this again from Ebay, since it was the cheapest there. I just wish I could find this in stores.


Comments

Popular Posts