Recipe: Best Hot Chocolate Ever! Italian Hot Cocoa


I love hot chocolate, but the stuff in the packet just doesn’t do it for me.  I want more of a European style drinking chocolate that has to be easy to make. After scouring the internet I can up with the recipe which is an adaption of a few recipes. I hope you try this out and enjoy!
Ingredients: 1 serving
2 oz of bittersweet chocolate either chopped or in chip form (I used Ghirardelli chips)
¾ cup of milk (whole was recommended most but I use 2%)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
Optional: a small dash of vanilla and a tiny sprinkle of salt
Instructions:
Place your chocolate and ¼ cup of milk on a medium low heat until completely melted
Add the rest of the milk and stir. Then add your sugar to dissolve and then cornstarch and optional vanilla and salt.
Stir or whisk thoroughly until blended. Bring to a medium high heat until mixture boils. Only boils of r a minute or two until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and if you draw a line on the spoon with your fingertip the mixture doesn’t flood back.
At this point I turn the heat off and just simmer for a minute or so then take of the heat. Let it cool for a few minutes until closer to drinking temperature and it gets even thicker, almost a glue or thick syrup texture.
Pour into small mug and enjoy!
While this doesn’t make a lot it is so rich that you couldn’t drink anymore! I’m also sure this recipe would work doubled.


Comments

Popular Posts