Review and Swatch: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 500 Berry Rose



The last time I took a trip to target I noticed most in not all of the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks were on clearance for $1.48! Needless to say I had to pick one up so I choose Berry Rose.
Berry Rose is a medium berry pink with some iridescence. I’d describe the finish as satin. It’s a very pretty everyday color that is flattering for all seasons and I think many skin types. The iridescence gives a beautiful shimmer and makes your lips look healthy and full. The formula goes on smoothly without tugging and gives semi-opaque coverage on the first swipe and is buildable in opacity. It is not a drying formula.
The packaging is a metallic purple case with the Rimmel crown on top.  The scent of the product is like wax, crayons, or play-dough. It isn’t pleasant, but is very faint. You cannot smell it when you put it on your lips.



Overall, I think this is a great everyday lipstick that is easy to throw into your bag and wear with any outfit. For less than $2 the deal is even better; the normal retail price is $5.47 at Walmart. Many places either say the product is out of stock or they no longer carry the product. On the Rimmel website though, this is listed as a new product, but the online pictures have different packaging. This leads me to believe they are getting rid of the old packaging and will replace them with the new style. The colors, though, appear to be the same. 

Comments

Popular Posts