Review and Swatch: Maybelline Color Show Holographic polish in 35 Lavender Lustre.


From what I’ve seen online, this Maybelline Color Show Holographic nail polish came out in a limited edition collection in the summer of 2013, but it popped up with other limited edition color shows and my local dollar tree. This means I snagged a normally $4 polish for a buck!
Lavender Lustre is a metallic silver polish with a lavender sheen and slight green and pink duo chrome. In some lights this polish just looks like silver. Other times, it looks straight up lavender. Many times though, this is a color that makes you look twice, because what would you call that color? At first it thought it was a duo chrome, but more I look it’s like a tinted metallic with iridescence.

Like many light purple duo chromes and metallic, this goes on pretty sheer and streaky at first coat. If you apply the first and second coat carefully, you could stop there. I decided to add a third coat to make sure it had good opacity and no streaks. The formula was generic, not too runny or gloopy, but the Color Show wands are always a bit too thin for me so I have problems getting enough product on the brush.

Overall, this was a decent product. It’s not the most amazing product, but it is fairly unique if you look close enough. I love metallic lavenders so this is going right beside my other lavender duo chromes. Definitely was a good find for $1 though! Have you found any Maybelline at your local dollar tree? 

Comments

Popular Posts