Review and Swatch: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar and Nail Lacquer Set in Grandma



The last time I went to my Sephora in JCPenny, which I don’t normally do, I found this set on clearance. This set normally runs for $22.50, but was on clearance for $10.99. I do not know why it was on sale; it is not on the website. All I can think of is that since the JCP Sephora is so small they didn’t have room for the entire display once they got down to only a few items (there were only three others: two NSFW and one other Grandma) they had to put them on sale to get rid of quickly.
This kit came with the Grandma Lip tar full sized ($18 normally) and Grandma nail lacquer ($10 normally) in addition to a small lip brush for application.
Grandma Lip tar is a pinky orange coral liquid lipstick. This has the regular OCC formula: opaque with only a tiny amount and a semi-matte finish.  I find this color to be very flattering on me and bright without being neon. It is great for spring. This lip color contains .33 oz which is a lot considering MAC contains .1 oz, wet n wild .11, and Chanel has .12, so three times as much as your average lipstick and you truly use a tiny amount!

Grandma nail lacquer is a medium red-orange coral. This is several shades darker than the lip tar which I like so it goes together without being “matchy-matchy”.  The formula is downright fantastic. If you want to spend $10 on a nail polish check out the OCC line. The brush is of medium size but long so it gives enough polish for each nail. The formula is very opaque; I could have only used one coat is I wanted, but I added two for a full depth of color. It is also creamy and easy to apply. It also doesn’t take any longer to dry than a normal polish. This might just be my favorite nail polish formula.  It contains .5 oz of products for comparison OPI has .5, wet n wild megalast has .45, and Butter London has .4 oz.


Together these products go well together and both have super pigmented, creamy, and opaque formulas. I love this brand and I love these products and colors. I highly recommend all of the OCC line and this set is a good deal if you want both items even if it’s not on sale. 

Comments

Popular Posts