Review and Swatch: MAC Viva Glam Nicki





I picked this lipstick up at a Cosmetic Company Outlet for $10.50; this lipstick is normally $15 at MAC shops or online. This is my first ever MAC lipstick so I am going to first review the formula.
The finish on Viva Glam Nicki is satin which leaves it not matte; but also not glossy. I’d say it is a pretty lip-like finish. The lipstick itself has a light vanilla scent which they apparently all have. For such a pale color it applied very even, opaque and creamy. It wasn’t a miracle lip formula though; I had some try patches which the lipstick caught on and while they were not noticeable the first layer, after a touch up my lips looked pretty flaky and the color started to go into my lip lines and get a bit thick. For this color I’ll want to make sure my lips are not flaky and to be careful with touch ups but I didn’t find the formula to be drying.  I do like the opacity and creaminess; this is a great (but not indescribably wonderful or “miracle” formula.)
after much wear

freshly applied

Viva Glam Nicki is a bright, almost neon, pink with a very warm undertone almost making it seem coral or a bit peachy.  It is so bright; not for the faint of heart.
The packaging is very cute; it had the classic bullet shape as the normal MAC lipsticks; but the writing is pink and so is the metal with Nicki’s signature.


I really like this lipstick and will be buying more MAC in the future; mostly from the CCO I expect as opposed to online or in a boutique. This color is really unique and bright so while it’s not an everyday lipstick, since I wear a lot of bold colors it will definitely get a good amount of wear. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts