Review: Carmex cherry lip balm


I wear lip balm a lot. I also wear matte lipstick a lot which means I really need to wear lip balm. I like to have multiple formulas floating around so when I saw this Carmex on sale at Rite aid I decided to pick it up since I’ve never tried Carmex before.
Carmex is a gel texture lip balm in a squeeze tube with a little hole at the top for application. I find it to be thicker and less greasy than Aquaphor, Vaseline or Maybelline Baby Lips. It also last a lot longer than baby lips but comparably to the former.  It has a minty cherry scent and a slight menthol tingle on the lips like Burt’s Bees.
I find application involved a learning curve. At first I added way too much to my lips and had trouble spreading it around.  Now I add a small amount to my lips with the tip and then use the sides of the tip to spread it around. I find it moisturized well: better than baby lips but not quite as good as Burt’s Bees.
The tube contains .35 oz/ 10g of product (Vaseline has 20g and burt’s bees has 4.25 g.) but because of how much you need to apply it doesn’t seem like it’s going to last long; I’ve been using it for a few weeks and I can already tell it’s lighter. I’s a bit cheaper than Burt’s though (which is around $3) as it is under $2 (mine was originally $1.67). I go this for even cheaper because the cherry flavor was on sale for 41 cents aka 75% off.
Overall I quite like this lip balm as it is not overly greasy and moisturizes well. I will probably buy it again sometime.


Comments

Popular Posts