Review and Swatch: Wet n’ Wild Megalast lipstick in Purty Persimmon


For a while I have been interested in trying out an orange lipstick since they have been in style for summer for a couple years and recently I’ve seen them being worn all year. Since I’ve never worn this color, I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on it. Since I do love the megalast formula from wet n’ wild I decided to try out their only orange lipstick: Purty Persimmon (970).
This lipstick is a medium reddish true orange. It had the same formula of the other lipstick in this line; it goes on pretty well with minimal tugging, though I found with this color I needed to go over a few patches to block out the pink of my lips. The lipstick has a matte or semi-matte finish and the tube contains 0.11oz of product.
As with other lipsticks of this line the packaging isn’t great. The idea is fine; a simple black tube and a clear cap so you can see the color. The main problem is that the lipstick doesn’t completely fit into the tube so you might nick the top with the cap. Also, the clear cap means you can see this which makes it look really messy.  The lipstick had no scent.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase. For only $2 this is a great lipstick and I got to find out that I actually might like orange lipstick!

Comments

Popular Posts