Quick, easy, healthy breakfast or snack: Fruit Parfait


Fruit parfaits are a basic “healthy” snack or breakfast if you know what’s in it. I do not like to buy them pre made because there is often a lot of added sugar in the product or artificial sweeteners. My favorite way to make one is:
A few Tablespoons of low-fat, plain, unsweetened yogurt or Greek yogurt.
A handful of fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries, etc.
Less than a tablespoon of a low sugar granola with nuts and/or dried fruit
A thin drizzle of honey

Using plain yogurt means less sugar and artificial flavors that add very little to the finished product; greek yogurt means more protein. I also add very little granola; you don’t need much to get the crunch. I add some honey because it’s a natural sweetener and I love the taste. You also don’t need much to add enough sweetness to balance out the tartness of the yogurt!

Comments

Popular Posts