Review and swatch: Wet n’ Wild coloricon eyeshadow palette in 738 Comfort Zone


It may seem surprising that while I own many wet n wild products (lipsticks, nail polishes, foundation) that I love, I do not own any of their eyeshadows until now. Wet n Wild eyeshadows are constantly raved about in the online beauty community, and frankly, I didn’t believe that they were that great. Long story short: they are.

The Comfort Zone palette is an 8 pan neutral/earthy toned palette. All shades contains some shimmer or glitter.
The first row contains a shimmery crème tone, a shimmery rose-toned copper, a shimmery dark gold, and a black shade with red glitter.
The second row contains a shimmery taupe-grey, a shimmery light green, a dark green/black with gold glitters, and a copper/blue duochrome.
This pan is infinitely wearable. My go to look is the crème tone across my lid and inner corner, the copper on the second half of my lid and crease, and a bit of the black with red glitter just in the end of my crease to give more definition.

Three of these colors remind me of colors from the new urban decay naked 3 palette.  The black with red glitter reminds me of blackheart, the pinky copper reminds me of buzz, and the dark gold makes me think a bit of a mixture of trick and factory.
The only color I don’t see myself using is the light green, and both dark colors with glitter are pretty similar. The duochrome looks very blue in the pan, but when swatched or applied it looks nearly identical to the copper shade; just a bit darker.
The formula on these is what surprised me the most. They have a very soft, velvety feel. This though, causes some fall out. The pigmentation is also very good; and pretty consistent across shades.

Overall, this is a very nice quality, very wearable palette. And for only $4.99, it is a great deal. I bought another palette at the same time as this which I will be reviewing soon, but I may just have to take a look at some of their trios. 

Comments

Popular Posts