Review and swatch: Revlon Matte Balm in sultry


Fairly recently Revlon added another item to their balm stain line; the matte balm stain. I had been interested in their whole chubby stick product line, but not enough to spend the money. When these matte ones came out though, what I heard was so good I had to get one.
The matte balm stains are a type of chubby stick style lipstick. They are not completely matte; more “semi matte”. The color I got is Sultry which is a pinky-red-berry color. It has a warm almost coral undertone. The product is creamy and goes on well, the stick style also helps. The product has a slight minty smell and gives a bit of a tingle upon application.

I was hoping that since this is a matte product that it would have good staying power, but I was a bit wrong. When just put on the lips it does last hours, but whenever I eat or drink anything, it smudges and rubs off so easily. My occ lip tars and megalast lipstick do get “eaten off” a bit, but they still “stick” on most of my lips and don’t transfer so easily. These matte balm stains transfer extremely easy, and thus must be toughed up if you so much as drink.


Overall, I am very fond of this product. The color is pretty and is easy to apply. I just wish they stayed on better when eating or drinking. These normally cost $7.99 at Ulta, but with a BOGO 50% off, a dollar off Revlon coupon, and a 5 off 10 ulta coupon, I got this one for under $4. 

Comments

  1. Nice post, Thank you for sharing valuable information. I enjoyed reading this post. Please Feel Free to Visit haute

    her tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts