Swatch and Review: Maybelline Color Show polka dots in Clearly Spotted


Clearly spotted is a clear overcoat that contains micro, small, medium, and “large” matte hex flakes in both black and white. This polish looks good on both light and dark polishes; but looks best on those that are of a medium color.


Clearly spotted is part of a five shade collection; the other shades have a jelly-like color base, that is to say sheer. I find this shade to be the most wearable and versatile. I believe these are part of the permanent collection; I have seen them on the rack with the other colors. The polish goes on pretty smoothly; I would advise not wiping the brush on the side of the bottle though; this wiping causes some of the large hexes to be removed. I only need one coat; sometimes though I go back in the bottle to find some large ones. This drys to an almost smooth finish. I could not describe it as textured, but it doesn’t feel completely flat. The polish is a bit harder to remove than a regular crème polish but not as hard as a glitter polish.

The bottle contains .23 fl oz of product; Essie contains .46 and Wet n’ wild megalast contains .45, so it is a bit smaller (about half) than your other bottles of polish. This is true for the entire Maybelline color show polish range. It feels a bit small for me. The polish retails for $2.99 at target and there is often a $1 off Maybelline coupon in various flyers in your newspaper and online.

Overall I quite enjoy this polish; it is a cute addition to any manicure, especially for people like me who cannot actually paint on polka dots!


Comments

Popular Posts