Review and Swatch: Revlon Super lustrous lipstick in Va Va Violet


Revlon’s Super lustrous lipstick in va va violet is a semi-sheer purple lipstick. It is a pure dark purple (not berry/red or anything) and that is what drew me to it. The formula of the lipstick is a bit sheer making it more wearable. The main problem with this lipstick is how it wears.

This lipstick gets into the lines of my lips and catches on my dry patches like no other. Before wearing this I have to exfoliate my lips first and then moisturize them, and even after that it tends to catch on anything and everything! That I what frustrates me about this lipstick, and I don’t know if it’s just this color or the whole line, but it is a beautiful color and should be a staple for fall but the formula is just horrendous.
see how how it catches and is uneven?
hand swatch; how it should look


Overall, this is a disappointing product. While I do wear it occasionally because I love the color, it is such a pain to apply evenly and has to be babied to look okay.  The packaging though, is cute. The gold and black is really classy and the clear top bit on the cap makes it easy to see the real color. You can buy this lipstick for $6.39 at Target. 

Comments

  1. Hi nice article I loved reading it, do check my post on hauteher tips for face you would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts