Product I’m excited about: OCC All Star lip tar mini set


The OCC lip Tars have long been a product that I was curious about. I’ve heard they are super pigmented and fantastic to wear, but I’ve also heard that they feather and are not that long lasting. Because of this, the $18 price tag, and that I could never decide on a color, I haven’t bought any yet. I was also tempted to buy their larger sets of 5 for $50 (great deal!), but I never actually liked all the colors, only 2-3 in each set, so it wasn’t worth it. But OCC just came out with a new set of 4 mini lip tars for only $20.

I really like all the colors in this set and think there are also a lot of opportunities for mixing. The set includes: Memento (pink plum neutral), NSFW (primary red), Anime (vibrant neon pink), Black Dahlia (blackened red), and a lip brush.

I’m most excited for Black Dahlia and least excited for NSFW since I already own two reds.  The deal here though is in the selection, not the size. The set has four tubes that contain .08 oz of product. The regular lip tars contain .33 oz. of product. Each mini then contains about ¼ of the amount of product of a full lip tar so the set of four is equivalent to one full, but cost $2 more. So, I really don’t see how the “$34 value” thing came about.  Just to compare to a normal lipstick a wet n’ wild megalast contains .11 oz of product, a maybelline colorburst .15, and a Revlon lip butter .09. So basically you are getting 4 products for $5 each (plus a lip brush) that are the size of a lip butter.
This is something I’m definitely going to buy. It is limited edition, but I would imagine it’ll stay for Christmas (they probably put it out now for the holidays) when I will get it. When I do get this set I’ll be sure to review it!
They are available at sephora now in stores and online. You can check them out here: http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-all-star-mini-x-4-set-P383463?skuId=1549336

What new collection is going on your Christmas list?

Comments

Popular Posts