Review and swatches: Revlon Lip butters in Cherry Tart, Red velvet, and Raspberry pie


About two years ago Revlon came out with their line of lip butter, and they took the world (or at least beauty bloggers) by storm. I was a bit dubious at first about them, a sort of lipstick/balm/gloss? For almost $8 each? Some colors barely show up? No thank you! Since then I have become a bit of a convert.
I own three Revlon Lip butters: Red velvet ( a deep wine/berry/red), Cherry Tart, (a sheer bright red with a bit of golden shimmer/micro glitter), and Raspberry Pie (a berry/pink/fuchsia). Both Red Velvet and Raspberry pie are in a more lipstick-like territory when it comes to opacity. Cherry tart is sheerer like a tinted balm but can be worked up to a more pigmented state. These last a good 3 hours on me and are very easy to touch up; just tap it a bit on your lips and they look good as new without having to completely remove and then reapply. They are also not at all drying on my lips. They don’t moisturize like a lip balm, but they don’t take moisture away either.
plain lips for comparison

Red Velvet

Cherry Tart

Raspberry Pie

swatch with flash
hand swatch
All these swatches are done in natural light and not blotted. While I blot normally before going out, I wanted you to see each one’s color potential. These are also just one pass on the lips.
This is what I look like with Raspberry pie blotted as per my usual.



Lip Butters normally retail for about $7.50. I didn’t pay full price for any of my lip butters. I got Red Velvet and raspberry Pie during a BOGO half off deal at Ulta, plus I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon from their flyer. I got them for about $8. Cherry tart was part of my CVS clearance and I paid under $3 for that one, but knowing them now, I probably would have paid full price.

I hope this was helpful! What are your favorite Lip butter colors? Do you want Macaroon to come over to the US? (I do, it looks perfect!)

Comments

Popular Posts