Review : Sephora by OPI nail color in Metro Chic


Recently Sephora has decided to discontinue their nail polish line with OPI. Because of this, the nail polishes that normally retails for $9.50 each are now 3/$10. A couple of weeks ago I stopped by my local Sephora to pick up a few bottles. I bought three: metro Chic, on Stage, and I’m with brad. Today I will be reviewing the first color: Metro Chic. Metro Chic is described as “opaque dark smoke with a hint of purple”.  It is a cool toned medium grey with a purple tint.  This was my first Sephora by OPI polish and my first OPI polish in general.


The first thing I noticed was how thin the brush is. It is very thin; thinner than any other brushes that I have and much thinner than my favorite brush on the Wet n Wild Megalast polishes. The formula was also quite watery and since I needed to load up the brush a lot to be able to get enough polish to cover my nail, it was a bit hard to control. The formula was also quite thin; I needed three coats for opacity. The color though was quite nice. I own one other grey polish that is quite light, warm, and blue tones that I don’t really like. This one is a lot more refined a color and would go well during most seasons and in most occasions including work.
With Flash

In Natural light

Overall, this is an okay nail polish. The color is nice, as is the final look, but getting there is a bit of a struggle. For the price I got it at ($3.33) it is good, but if I had paid the full $9.50 I would have been severely disappointed. I do not know how long it will last; I am hoping a week. I also like the packaging.

I hope this review was helpful, I hope to have more soon!

Comments

Popular Posts